In the Classroom
Consultation and Support
Compass works collaboratively with schools to build capacity and expertise within school teams. We can help teachers generate effective interventions to improve student progress, reduce challenging behaviors, and increase independence.
Available as short-term and ongoing consultation to individual students, classrooms or programs.
Bespoke trainings are developed to meet the needs of the school team.
• Student Observation and Recommendations: observation of the student in school, a consultation meeting with teachers and parents to share impressions and ideas for how to best meet the student’s needs in that environment, and a written report of support recommendations
• Positive Behaviour Support: Coaching classroom teachers in developing effective classroom-wide behaviour management systems
• Conducting Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) with comprehensive and concrete behavioural recommendations
• Development of Behavior Support Plans: collaborating with school teams to create successful individual Behavior Support Plans for students who have the most severe behavioural challenges
• Individual consultation with the student in the school setting
• Providing Bespoke Training to meet the needs of school staff